ENJOY A GREAT CUP OF COFFEE AND MAKE A GREAT DIFFERENCE IN THE LIFE OF A CHILD OR FAMILY LIVING IN POVERTY IN LATIN AMERICA
The United States consumes 20% of all the world’s coffee, making it the largest consumer in the world. Many small plantation owners receive prices for their coffee that are less than the costs of production, which forces them into the cycle of poverty. Coffee ordered through “Bridges of Hope International” has been directly imported (as coffee beans) directly from the plantation owner in Nicaragua, roasted in the US and shipped directly to us. Your purchase not only helps a struggling plantation owner become self-sustaining, but also generates funding for our projects in Latin America.
• We are building homes for those living in poverty
• We are providing scholarships for youth interested in attending public universities
• We are supporting women and children who are transitioning out of the sex trade industry
• We are providing food for feeding centers in the midst of a continuing global food crises
• We are hosting medical clinics, providing care for those who are underserved medically
• We are visiting widows, prisoners and those suffering from HIV/AIDS providing food, clothing and other basic needs